Monday, October 1, 2007

~ Artiste Extraordinaire Chelsey Dollman ~

Ever since the day we were visiting at Dustin and Chelsey's a few months ago and I first laid eyes on this work of art, I wanted it in our house on the wall at the top of the stairs. And today my vision was realized. We were over at D&C's last night and I reminded her again that I still wanted to purchase the painting that she had done for her art class in school. This morning she brought it over and this evening Trevor and hung it and, wow. It's more than I could have hoped for! Chelsey may have to correct me on this but I believe it is called a drip painting done on a 4x3 canvas and I LOVE IT.
The angle you would see it coming up the stairs.........
And how you see it coming from our master bedroom.....This is the official professional shot taken with no flash that gives you a good idea of what it looks like.
The one thing the pictures don't show is texture. This is truly a 3D piece that you can run your hand along and feel the paint raised from the surface.
This piece is also exciting because it's the second piece of original local abstract art work that we have in our place!
Check out Chelsey's website to see more of her art and photography at........ www.freewebs.com/chelseysartstudio
Thanks for the honor of being able to dorn our walls with your talent Chels!

No comments: