Friday, August 1, 2008

Praise the LORD

I am so excited to report that we had the best night since Denay was born (three weeks ago already) last night. She woke up at 6:00pm and was awake until 9:30pm..........yeesh! Fed and stuffed, with a clean bum she was just fussy. So I fed her just after 9:00pm and she still fussed and cried. I laid her on her belly on my chest (her favourite spot) and gently got her to take her soother and within minutes the poor tired dear gave up. We put her in her crib and had lights out just before 10:00pm. And praise God, hallelujah she didn't wake up until 3:00am! Then I fed her in bed and put her in her little sleeper bed on the floor and we didn't hear from her again until 7:00am. Needless to say I feel like a million bucks! Sigh.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm glad you had a chance for a good sleep! Isn't everything just so much better when you're not exhausted? I'm sure it will just get better and better for you as Denay starts sleeping more and more through the night! All the best to you and Trevor on that one! :)

Joanne said...

Hoping that this is a new trend that will last...with babies that would refer to 5 days in a row....then she will decide to change it up again...hmmm...remember when you use to decide on things?? New princess in the kingdom!!