Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Eat Your Heart Out Martha Stewart

I have to precede this post by saying that the only season I really ever decorate for is Christmas. That being said, I do love the colors of fall and have been wanting to dress up our front door with a bright, vibrant wreath to give it some pop. Maybe it's my small town, maybe not, but I went all over and couldn't find anything that I loved. So while at Wal-Mart today, I made a last minute decision to try my hand at making one myself. So here's what I came home with..........a wicker wreath and a collection and selection of various fall-ish berries and flowers.Then our dear Lord smiled on me, and my sweet baby actually fell asleep (never happens, and I swear I didn't drug her) so, Carpe Diem, I got to creating.
And much to my joy and pride, this is my masterpiece.....
:: Our now much prettier front door ::
I think I can say in all truth, that, aside for my precious girl of course, I've never been more proud of anything I've ever made! Alas, my girly awakes.....I hope wherever you are, that your weather is a tame and dry as mine and you able to get out and enjoy it before the sidewalks are littered with lawsuit potential wet, slippery leaves!

:: Vaarwel Friends ::

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Great job, Christy....Martha can't hold a candle to your sweet home!! Why am I not surprised with the sunflowers? You know, of course, your fate is now set for the other 3 seasons!!

Jason and Kristin said...

Wow...that looks awesome! I am very impressed!! Its such a good feeling when you can do something yourself!

Shawna said...

WoWzers! That is awesome! Fabulously beautiful, and of course I'm a sucker for anything homemade and fallish!

Look at you being a Mom & Martha Stewart!!! Yip Yip, you rock!

Laura said...

Good job Christy! Isn't it fun making your home more "homey" and adding personal touches? You did a great job, I'd never guess you hadn't done that before!

Snap Photography said...

Aww simply perfect! Yes the sunflowers are SOoo you! I love the long dry grass by the door and the pumpkin ;)