Sunday, November 18, 2007

Ontario 2007- Day Four

On Sunday we were privileged enough to be able to spend the day visiting my family who live in Ontario. We were up at 8:00 and on the road and arrived at my Uncle Dave and Aunt Chris' house at around 11:00. The best part about this part was that my cousins didn't know I was coming so we knocked on the door to two very excited young girls! We got a tour of their farm and house. They have quite a collection of animals.
One of their horses.

Brittany and Cassie.

A couple of their miniature horses.....I love the one that looks like a cow, his name is Tanner!

Brittany and her bunny.

Uncle Dave calling his herd of was quite the sight!

Trev and one of Aunt Chris' new puppies.

This is little Bailey who likes to smile!

Me and both of the babies.

This is a great shot of Trev and my 15 year-old-cousin James. Need I say more :)

The whole family.

As short as the visit was we had such a fun time hanging out and spending time with the family since we don't get to see them often. And was it ever great being back on a farm again.
We left straight from there to my old hometown Sunderland to visit my grandparents on the farm that I grew up on.

My old elementary school.

:: Brockview Holsteins ::

My childhood home.

The main barn.

This beautiful horse belonged to the new owners of the house.

Grandpa showing Trevor the old dry cow barn.

This barn was built a very long time ago so everything about it is pretty old-school, including the locks and pen door hardware.

I took a picture of this spot because this is the spot that I lost my two front teeth. My older brother was chasing me around and I tripped and smacked my face on the pavement. 'Nough said.

A neat picture of the old barn phone........that mail has been in there for at least 14 years.

The milking stalls........

.........and feeding bins.

There is a great story with this tree. When I was about 6 or 7, Nathan I were playing marco polo and I was marco and yelled out marco and he responded with polo so I ran straight towards him. Turns out he was standing right in front of this tree and moved and I smacked right into it. The only different was that the tree was about the same height as me at the time! It's amazing what changed with time.

We had a great dinner with my grandparents and then left for the two hour drive back to Hamilton. We did manage to catch the very end of The Amazing Race though! We passed out at about 10:30 and didn't get out of bed until 10:30 the next morning. It had been an intense few days! And we're not done yet.

1 comment:

Mum said...

Love the puppies.....and smiling Bailey!!