Monday, February 18, 2008

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread, Oh My

Mmmm..........yummy (hopefully). Today after getting home from errands and picking up new bananas because ours were getting icky, I figured I might as well make good use of the bad ones and bake something for once. So I get myself all set up and find out that I don't have any measuring cups to speak of (strange, I know). Already kind of being in a downer mood I slouched down on the kitchen floor and had a good cry (darn pregnancy hormones). But my dear husband was there to pick me up and we fudged our way through it. We found a great recipe online (my cookbook one required buttermilk that we had none of) for peanut butter banana bread, pretty much my two favourite things. Just as we were finishing up we decided to chuck some chocolate chips in for good measure! The finished product and man does our house smell yummy. We are taking it over to D&C's for dessert to Chelsey's spag dinner and I'll let you know how it tastes (fingers crossed)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmm...sounds delish!! By the way, next time you need buttermilk, just add 1 T. vinegar to regular milk and stir....voila! Great idea adding the choco chips...perfect combo!