Tuesday, March 25, 2008

No IKEA Virgin Here

I was having a very relaxing Monday morning sleep in yesterday (I know those days are numbered) when the next thing I know my husband is shaking me awake. The next thing I hear is that my bestest girl is on the phone and wants to know if Trevor and I want to accompany her and her boyfriend to IKEA. To which I replied very hazily.....Now?? Needless to say, in less than a half hour we were out the door and on our way to the ferry. I was excited for a few reasons.......One being that nothing gets me more than spontaneity, I love the last minute like that. Two being that I had never been to IKEA before, and the third being that we REALLY needed a new coffee table. And mission accomplished! Here is our old table........also from IKEA.And the new and improved! Not sure but I think my SIL Shawna has the same one. It's a little high for our couch but nothing a skill saw won't fix! And I love power tools.......... We also picked up a couple of really cheap bedside lamps since the one that was on Trevor's side table up and decided to fall apart last week.
Before......
And now.......
We are both really pleased with out purchases and it reminded me how much I love accesorizing! And to say the least, no one can call me an IKEA virgin anymore. C&K......thanks for the awesome day! Love you both to bits.........

No comments: