Friday, May 22, 2009

:: Old New News ::

A comment on a Facebook picture from my SIL reminded me that I'd yet to blog about our newest baby items......way back in April (terrible, I know) I had an epiphany - we needed a new stroller.
Not that there was anything wrong with ours but for our lifestyle, I just didn't think that the plastic wheels on our Graco would cut it. So I hopped onto Craigslist and found a used Bob Revolution just outside Vancouver. And as luck would have it, we were going across the water for Easter that weekend. Long story short I got this exact stroller, with car seat adapter, cup holder and warm snuggli for $400.....brand new with taxes all that would run you over $650. As the local Bob retail store owner would put it, I'm a "Bob-Snob" now. I l-o-v-e it. And the best part it when we have another I can trade it in for what I paid towards a double! Yay.
Then a few weeks ago we started noticing Denay trying so hard to sit up in her infant carrier and was not comfortable in there anymore.....so we started looking for a convertible car seat and checking Consumer Reports. We really liked the Safety First Alpha Omega Elite and just our luck I was browsing through the Toys-R-Us online flyer to discover that that very seat was on sale for $50 off. Ahhh. I was really hoping to get the pink/brown one (since it would take Denay until she doesn't need a seat anymore and I like pink things) but they didn't stock them so we got the last black/charcoal that actually matches our Jeep interior really well.
Denay is much happier sitting up and being able to look out the window and we are so pleased with our purchase.

:: I've been sitting here for 10 minutes trying to think of something else interesting to blog about or witty to say but, well, it's 10:00pm and I got nothin'.

Happy Weekend Friends.

1 comment:

Anita Grace said...

Hey Christy ~ love the photos from the last post, looks like you guys had a great time!

Thanks for updating us with what you ended up getting. Craigslist is amazing isn't it? I got our Chariot Cougar 2 from there for a steal too... and can probably sell it for what I paid when were done!

Enjoy your weekend... hopefully it's a beautiful one over on the island ~ it's gorgeous over here!