Thursday, February 18, 2010

~ A Special Touch ~

It's no one's fault but mine that this post took so long to get written.

Over the last few weeks I've been working on some finishing touches in Denay's room.
One of my favourites being these plates that I used to have hanging in my room. It is the complete High Fashion Barbie Collector Plate set. My parents gave me one every Christmas until I had the whole set and they have been packed away for the past 15 years or so.

They look so totally perfect in her room.


She also has my old jewelry box (I've had that thing as long as I can remember), a hand painted ceramic rabbit that was a gift from my aunt many years ago and a hand painted coat hook that my dear momma painted for me when I was little.

This poster has also been around for as long as my mind goes back. It used to have a really tacky plastic gold frame but a cheap $13 poster frame from Walmart spray painted white gave it new life......the little rocking horse in the bottom left was painted by yours truly when I was 7 or 8 and the large carousel horse was painted and given to me by a different aunt.
I still can't help but smile every time I go into her room
I'm still working on painting some wall boxes and getting them mounted around the poster but with all this sunshine, we've been outside in the stroller more than we've been huddling at home. The Olympians may be complaining about the weather, but I'm sure not!

1 comment:

Laura said...

So special!! Love all the meaningful touches :)