Saturday, May 10, 2008

:: LiVe AnD iN cOlOr ::

A few months ago while at work flipping through the newspaper's entertainment section, a certain ad caught my eye. It was for the Stars On Ice: Live And In Color tour that was coming to Victoria just a week before Mother's Day. Couldn't have been more perfect. So I called my mom up and made sure she was available and told her to book me in on May 5th for a girls night. I even managed to keep it a secret for two months! Mom had no idea what we were doing until we got IN the doors on the Save-On-Foods Memorial center and she saw one of the programs. As I used to figure skate when I was young it was a girl thing we always shared and we hadn't been to an event in years. We had an awesome time to say the least!
A couple of my favourites, Olympic Gold Medalists Jamie Sale and David Pelletier.
The very talented Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon.....two time World Silver Medalists.
One of the group routines........
And the infamous Sasha Cohen.....Olympic Silver Medalist. This was an amazing routine, as is obvious.
They were joined by Jeff Buttle, Jennifer Robinson, Joannie Rochette, Michael Weiss, Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao and of course the fabulous and wonderful Kurt Browning whom I have loved ever since I was a little girl. It was such a treat to spend an evening treating my mom and truly enjoying ourselves together. It kind of took my back to my childhood and I couldn't stop smiling. Love you mom........hope you had as much fun as I did. I am truly blessed to be able to celebrate you being my mother. Thanks for all the support, love and direction you have given and continue to give. I can only pray I can be to a daughter one day the mother you have been to me!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

What a great gift....for both of you! Nothing better than Mom and me time.....blessings to McPeach's Mom-to-be and G-ma-to-be.