Wednesday, May 14, 2008

T-Minus 60 Days......

I can't believe that seven months have flown by and this baby is due two months tomorrow! Starting to feel more and more tired and my bedtime is getting earlier and earlier but feeling great still other than that. Saw the midwife yesterday........baby's heart rate was in the high 130's to low 140's just like at the ultrasound. My weight stayed the same as last month which brings my total (estimated) weight gain thus far to about 12 pounds. I am still measuring small at 30 cm (I am 31 weeks) and she confirmed the baby is head down, bum up. We discussed birth preferences and where we were planning on having the baby and she got me thinking that I may like to have this baby at home. It would be so nice to be able to have Trevor sleep with me, have my own shower and food and space and to be able to fall asleep in my own bed. And after talking at length with Trevor and my mom about all the aspects and pros and cons I really feel, after talking to the two people that know me best, that having a home birth just might be the perfect thing for me. So it's certainly something that I will continue to be in prayer about bring up with my midwife at our next visit but I'm really feeling quite comfortable with the idea would covet any prayers for guidance for sure! Check back for some more growing belly pictures soon.......

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Wow - that is huge. But I don't really disagree that it would be a great way for you to achieve your birth plan. I'll be praying that everything will fall in to place.

Can't wait to meet my newest niece :)

That is my official guess- xoxox *S