Thursday, May 26, 2011

{Switcheroo}

I got up on Thursday morning last week, and as per usual, found Denay's bedroom door open along with Paisley's, and upon entering Paisley's room, found my "baby" doing this.....
Photobucket
My first thought? Picture.

My second thought? I need to lower the crib mattress.

My third thought? If I'm going to start taking apart the crib, I might as well go all the way and move it into Denay's room.

We had been talking about getting the girls into the same room sooner rather than later, because we figured the earlier we do it, the easier it would be.

Those of you who know me well, know what followed thought number three....screwdrivers and chaos.

My mom phoned in the middle of it. Both children were crying, I had broken one of the dropside brackets and my frustration level was rising by the second. So being the awesome mom she is, she came over and held Paisley while I quickly finished my mission.

It took the rest of the day for me to get completely finished but the day long blitz was well worth it.

I couldn't manage to find a before photo of both the girls' rooms before but what is now the toy room, was Paisley's room and both of the girls are now together in Denay's room.

"The Play Room"
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
"The Girl Room"
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I still need to get Paisley's name frames off of the wall in her old room.....and I'm thinking something like this is in order for the alphabet photos.

So far, the girls are doing swimmingly with being together and are able to nap as long as they used to, and, thanks to a piece of spray painted corrugated plastic on their window, are sleeping well through the night.

One more transition that has seemed to carry off without a hitch!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

so cute;)! glad they are transitioning so well!

Unknown said...

Wow. Their room is BEAUTIFUL! Such a pretty girly room! I wish Jackie and I had a room like that when we were little!! Such a princess dream bedroom!!!