Saturday, September 6, 2008

~ Sweet Relief ~

Last week, while putting away Denay's laundry, I was thinking about the mobile that we bought for her crib. We had yet to use it and I started to think that it may be more of a novelty than anything else. Later that night, Denay was very fussy and had some bad gas and nothing Trevor was doing was helping. He made his way upstairs because I was on the phone with my mom and a little while later he called me up to her room. I walked in to find her lying unmoving in her crib, completely perplexed by the mobile. And on top of that she was smiling and talking to herself. So we've rigged the mobile onto a dining room chair and she will lie like this for awhile....
Shortly after Denay was born, our good friends lent us their baby swing.......but she wouldn't have any of it! Then the other day after nursing her, I put in the swing so I could wash up. I just turned on the mobile part hoping that it would be enough to keep her happy for a bit. But five minutes later she was fussy and crying! I wasn't done so I left her in there but turned on the swing to buy myself more time. She fussed a little but it seemed to settle her so I took my time getting ready. I finished up and realized that I hadn't heard her make a peep in a few minutes.......I walked out of the bathroom to this.......

She slept in there for almost an hour! Plenty of time for me to start some laundry and do a little vacuuming. I had almost given up on the swing because she just didn't like it........so relieving.

Our sweet little girl has also started smiling and laughing and "talking"! She's been smiling since about five weeks and over the past couple weeks has starting cooing and gaaing and really trying to laugh. She gets so excited when I go to get her in the morning.......the smiles she gives me melts my heart. I get huge open mouth grins and big stories......sometimes she gets so worked up trying to laugh she makes herself fart or sneeze. This picture is a little fuzzy but you get a small idea of what her "happy face" (as I like to call it ) looks like!

She is such a sweet little angel...........

6 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

She is so cute! The smiling and talking stages are so fun! Enjoy them! And I'm glad she started to like the swing! That was the biggest blessing to me when I needed to get a few things done!

Nancy said...

Christy ...she is a little doll...thank you for letting her talk to me on the phone the other night...how precious was that...tell her Oma loves her....

Jennifer said...

I love her fuzzy hair!!!

Amanda said...

She is so beautiful! As they grow new things entertain them. I am glad you have found a couple of new items to keep her busy so you can have a few minutes to yourself!

Laura said...

Christy she is just so sweet! I love the picture of her in the swing :) Enjoy the bit of freedom this gives you! And good for Trevor for thinking outside the box - what a good Daddy!

Jessi said...

I love her hair! Glad that you've found a few things that amuse her...just wait, in the next few weeks she'll really start to come to alive...it just keeps getting more fun! Sebastian is now at the stage that he's playing with toys and I can't tell you how exciting it is that I can lay him on his blanket and he keeps himself entertained for a long time. Dean's thankful too because the house is getting cleaned once again!