Thursday, April 9, 2009

:: Movie Reviews ::

If you are a bargain shopper, look no further! In just one blog post you are getting five high quality movie reviews.
Trev and I have always loved movies and this past few weeks we actually (somehow) managed to watch FIVE of them. So without further delay.....


:: Quantum Of Solace ::
I would give this one a 3.5 out of 5. If you've seen Bond movies before, it doesn't disappoint. It's not Oscar worthy or anything but if you're looking for high energy, lots of action, and un-realistic combat scenes, this does the trick. Relatively clean and easy to watch with parents or spouses.


:: Passchendaele ::
This one gets a 3 out of 5. I really wanted to see this because it was a Canadian made film and I don't regret renting it. Beware - this movie was a lot more gory than I was expecting. I spent quite a bit of time with my hands over my eyes. Also beware of one sex scene with a little nudity. It is a war epic/drama/romance and was roughly based on the battle of the same name. I didn't love it but I didn't dislike it.


:: Changeling ::

I'm going to give this Angelina Jolie drama a 3.5 out of five. Like Passchendaele it was also based on a true story so don't expect a Hollywood ending. I think that's why I wasn't over the moon about this one or Passchendaele......it didn't help that they were both really sad either. It was clean and void of any (that I can remember) bad language or nudity but there are some hard to watch scenes that are a little gory. Be prepared to sit as this flick is almost two and a half hours long but I'm glad I rented rather than paid to see it in a theater. If you are a parent this one will tug your heart strings and the story of a woman who wouldn't stop fighting is very inspiring and heart warming. Again, didn't love it but didn't feel like it was a waste of time either.



:: Fast And Furious ::

I think this will puzzle you but the fourth installment of the F&F series gets a 4 out of 5 from this action-lover! We went very last minute on Friday night to our local theater to see this and I really liked it. Award winning? No..........but again, I'm a lover of a movie that keeps me on the edge of my seat and blows me away with stunts and actions and lots of plot twists. There was some (unfortunately expected) scantily clad girls dancing around cars and on each other as well as some lip locking but there wasn't too much bad language. The storyline isn't amazing but it's so great to see a movie like this on the big screen and I'm glad we did!


:: Flash Of Genius ::

We rented and watched this with Trev's parents when they came out for a visit a few weeks ago and it gets a 3.5 out of 5 from me. Yet again, this was based on the true story of the man who invented the intermittent windshield wiper and subsequently (that's got to be at least a $15 word, right?) had the design stolen by Ford Motor Co. It follows his quest of recognition and compensation. It was good but at times felt a little slow and had a very bittersweet ending. It was nice and clean and overall enjoyable.

Please feel free to let me know if you've got any movies you've seen lately that you either loved or hated. It's always nice to get reviews from fellow movie lovers! Hope you had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Have you rented 'Duck' yet?! LOL