Monday, May 31, 2010

Weekend Warriors

This week.
This week has been...busy.
I've been trying, with all the energy I don't seem to have, to absolutely attack my to-do list while we are "enjoying" this October-like weather.
-two coats of primer in the nursery.
-scraping off old paint, sanding, two coats of primer and three coats of paint on Denay's dresser (and yes, I had already painted it, long story).
-organizing, purging closets, photo shoots......
And, our front step.
We've been wanting to refinish our icky looking front step forever and I wanted it d.o.n.e. The product we wanted to use was on sale for 20% off (at Canadian Tire) but when I went to pick it up, I saw a big sign outside of Home Depot saying that they will meet and beat any price by 10%. So long story short, I ended up buying everything we needed for 30% off the regular price. Yay.
:: Before :::: After ::

It was much more of an undertaking than we expected and definitely doesn't look like it does in the commercials, but Trevor worked his magic and gave it a great finish. We're going to spruce it up a little more with a new doormat to rotate with our old one and before this baby comes, we also plan to paint the walkway and carport in a matching tone. Also still on the list is prepping and re-staining the deck, painting the nursery and then decorating it, and the never-ending task of trying to make room for this new one in the house.

So maybe there is a small up-side to this lack of sunny weather......the ol' saying goes, make hay while the, umm, rain pours?

2 comments:

Joanne said...

By the way....great job on the step!

Joanne said...

Ha! That's just what I was thinking....try to get things done that I don't want to do once the sun starts to shine. Or fly to Maui...what to do? LOL