Saturday, October 16, 2010

:: Project ::

I'm going to try and attempt to catch up on some blogging on this lovely Saturday while my two girls sleep.

My original plan for Paisley's room, once we knew her name, was to order some wooden hand painted letters from Etsy to hang on the empty was above the dresser. Then I had a fantastic idea. I hit up one of the local thrift stores and found six, well, sort of ugly and dated picture frames. I also found two frames lying around the house that needed a face lift. I set up a table outside and covered it with my paint sheet and, armed with a can of white spray paint, gave the icky old frames a clean new look.

:: Before ::

:: After. Paired with some hand-picked letters from Alphabet Photography and mounted on the wall, made for a cheaper and much more personal touch to our angel's room.

I snuck baby girl up just after she fell asleep to get some shots in front of the new wall. I also got a very positive response from dad when he came home from work!

I'll do my best to get some more photos of her nursery up soon......


Joanne said...

So sweet....and what a great idea!

Nancy said... looks beautiful..

Crystal said...

Looks great, and sounds like you are adjusting marvelously into mother of two hood!