Tuesday, January 11, 2011

{Christmas Eve & Day 2010 - Island Edition}

Lovely.
That's how I would describe our Christmas this year in one word.

Absolutely lovely.

We had chicken lasagna for dinner at my mom's house before heading off the Christmas Eve service, which was also, lovely.
Then my parents and youngest brother, came to our house for sweets and coffee and we opened stockings and Denay opened one gift.
{The MaC Royal Family - Christmas 2010}

Christmas Day this year - the best ever. Because only one of my three brothers were able to be home for Christmas, we weren't doing my family Christmas until New Years Day (confusing, I know) so we have Christmas at our house. Fruit salad, homemade cinnamon buns (made my moi in my new bread maker) and eggs benedict.....I was FULL.
Then we opened presents, played Apples to Apples, watched Miracle on 34th Street and enjoyed a stuffed roasting chicken for dinner.
Best part? I got to stay in my jammies ALL day.
It was so beautiful being cozy in my own home, with my two perfect daughters, hosting my family and serving them.
It felt just like Christmas should be.
About family, and celebrating the gift we were given thousands of years ago.
Life is good.
Life is blessed.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love the idea of doing Christmas Day is jammies! What a relaxing and fun way to enjoy time with family. We'll have to try a pajama Christmas next year :)