Sunday, February 1, 2009

:: Roots Of Empathy ::

I'm chilling at my parents (with my own laptop) while my husband and dad watch the Superbowl so I thought I'd do a little blogging since Oma is playing with the baby.
Shortly after I had Denay, my midwife office brought to my attention a program called Roots of Empathy. It involved a once a month trip to a school in the area to talk with a elementary school class about bullying and social acceptance and awareness. I was immediately on board and since September I have been going to a school just down the road from our house to meet with a grade one class.
To say the least, the kids are amusing and are totally in love with Denay. They sing her a hello and goodbye song and always fight over who gets to sit next to her.
Denay loves it just as much! Something about little kids just fascinates her and will just lie there and stare at them all, staring at her.
It is such a fun program and I am so glad that I had Denay when I did so that I could get involved!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I love the concept, and so glad you are able to be part of it.

Laura said...

That sounds awesome! Do you speak there, or what is your involvement? I'm intrigued... :)