Saturday, December 12, 2009

I couldn't have imagined, almost a year and a half ago, that I would such a smart, keen, hilarious and perfect little daughter.
Thursday was Denay's 17-month birthday and what a girl she is. She learns new words every day and is constantly amazing me with how observant and aware she is.
*click to enlarge*

She is the most helpful little girl I've ever seen. Always trying to help me with putting things in the garbage, putting her laundry in the hamper or loading laundry into the wash machine. A day doesn't go by where she doesn't notice me doing something and then try and help by lifting or moving something or passing me something or cleaning up a mess she made.

She knows lots of different animals and has funny versions of the noises they make. Doggies say "fffff" or woof and birdies say "twee twee" or tweet tweet. She is still a book fiend and her newest favourite is Dr. Suess's "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" that I probably read at least three times a day.

We're still a little slow in the tooth department but she does have a couple coming through right now. We certainly make up for that in the hair department though! I can't get enough of it.

It appears that our diligent and mostly consistent discipline and training are really shaping her into an obedient and thoughtful baby girl. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing husband who is willing to give as much energy into teaching and instructing as I am and am humbled at how God is working through us to guide us in the raising of our Nay-nay.

Denay, you are my one and only Sunshine.

No comments: