Friday, December 25, 2009

It's 10:00pm on Christmas Day. The baby is sleeping, and my feet are up. I've yet to change out of my jammies or leave the house. We spent today with my brother and dad relaxing, eating, tinkering around the house and laughing.
I've edited and organized my picture folders, and burned some picture CD's. I thought since all that was done, I could update you a little on the goings-on around here.
We did manage to fix our floor fiasco in Denay's new bedroom. Trevor did the second coat on Tuesday and this morning we moved our little lady into her new girly room. I've uploaded some pictures I took Wednesday morning along with some pictures of what the room looked like during our first viewing before we bought it. The angles aren't the same but it gives you a good idea of what we were dealing with. Then try and picture the top half of the room blood red. That's what we started with.

There is still some decorating to be done but I will try and get some photos of all her furniture in there sometime soon.
I can't even describe how good it feels to have all the labour-intensive parts of this project done and have Denay settled. The room is quite a bit smaller than her other room but everything fits quite nicely. We are looking forward to a big girl bed and hand-me-down dresser (that was Trevor's Gramma's) coming over from the mainland to swap out with her crib and my old dresser.
We're breathing much easier around here!

No comments: