Monday, December 14, 2009

:: Time-Saver Alert ::

So I have a confession to make.
I am meticulous when it comes to housework. I have a great appreciation for a tidy, organized and very clean home.
However, I hate cleaning my floors. And I don't mean vacuuming, I very much enjoy that actually. It's applying a liquid of some sort and slopping it around to remove dirt stuck to the floor.
So, frankly, I just never do it.
Near the end of October I got my SIL Shawna's birthday/Christmas list and right near the top she had asked for a steam mop.
Long story, short it got me thinking how I might just actually clean my floors if I didn't have to get out a mop and bucket and chemicals to do it. Turns out a steam mop with great reviews was on sale for $25 off at London Drugs (which just opened in town a little while ago).
So I am now the proud owner of a SteamTek Steam Mop.
This mop is fabulous! It makes getting my hardwood and tile floors clean and sanitized without chemicals a total jiff. I feel so much better, having a little one around, that I'm using as few unnatural products in the home as possible. To make things even better, it's great for rugs and carpet and I've also used it to steam my mattress and pillows.
It's one way that I can make cleaning quick and easy and I'm all for it!

2 comments:

Meg Baxter said...

I think I need one of these - our new house on the base is virtually all hardwwod/lino. Woot! I hate mopping, too.

Meg Baxter said...

No joke - I went to WalMart last night at 10 pm and picked up the last one of these they had on the shelf. I just used it and I'm BEYOND impressed. Thanks, Christy. You should be a spokesperson for, well, everything! :)