Thursday, June 26, 2008

....Three Years Ago.....

So I know that if I asked the normal person the question, "What were you doing three years ago yesterday", they would probably laugh in my face. But for me I will always remember what I was doing June 25, 2005, because it was a day that would change my life. Three years ago I was riding on a ferry, ready to loose my breakfast, on my way to meet a guy that I had met and been chatting with online for weeks. It's a great story because I didn't really get nervous until I was on the escalator riding down the passenger pick-up area. I walked through and didn't see anyone so I went outside to wait and took a seat on a bench. I sat and waited for a good 10 minutes before I started to think that just maybe I had been stood up. I called his number only to find out that he was waiting in the car in the parking lot because he didn't want to pay for parking........so romantic. The first few minutes were awkward but before long we were talking like old friends and spent hours in English Bay laughing and sharing.
The rest, as they say, is history. I am reminded how much I treasure the uniqueness of our "story" and am so grateful for a God so good and great that modern technology is at His fingertips too. Love You Trevor........

3 comments:

Shawna said...

So fun! I remember the day after he "met" you...he said don't tell anyone but I met a girl...ahhh...as they say the rest is history.

That makes for quite a romantic story - even if he is cheap and didn't want to pay for parking!

Joanne said...

Wow...how time flys! I remember the next day calling an all family breakfast at White Spot to ummm...talk, no...to discuss, no...to grill Trevor, yes that was it! We all wanted to know about this 'mystery woman'! And now she is the love of his life, the mother-to-be of his wee yet-to-be-seen child...God is truly good!

Dustin and Chelsey said...

Hard to believe hey? It's such an amazing story to hear and probably more amazing to live. It was truly God's divine appointments that brought you two together. We wish you all God's blessings