Monday, November 3, 2008

:: I already knew I loved you..... ::

Well today is very special day in our house indeed.........one year ago today (almost to the hour) Trev and I woke on a Saturday in eager anticipation of the results of a very important test.

:: We were horribly disappointed when only one line appeared on our pregnancy test. We'd had it all figured out that we could tell our families together at Christmas right when I was around three months and we could make the trip to Ontario that summer, IF we got pregnant first try. We spent some time talking and in prayer releasing our expectations and repenting for not trusting and not relying on His plan ::

:: Then Trevor left for work and I resumed praying and talking out my disappointment to God and confessing for running off with my own plans and not trusting all to Him ::

Then about 20 minutes after the test read negative, I decided to take one last peek before getting ready for work.......and to my shock and unbelief, a second line had appeared.

Looking back, I firmly believe that if Trevor and I had chosen to be bitter and angry, and not realized our lack of trust and confidence in God's greater plan, that that line never would have appeared.
And now everyday I have the joy and enormous responsibility of our decision to trust God and release what we thought was the best route for us.

This baby girl is light of my life and life without her would be empty. My heart is grateful to overflowing for this ultimate gift and I am reminded once again of the love that is more enormous than that could ever fathom, that my Daddy in heaven has for me. Everyday His love surrounds me and pours into me undeniably and everyday it my job and desire to pour that love into my little girl.

" How deep the Father's love for us. How vast beyond all measure........."

6 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

Great post! Such an awesome reminder...thanks!

Crystal said...

Hi Christy, I think I have introduced myself before, but I am a friend of Laura's, Amanda and your sister in law Shawna...anyways, I just wanted to say what a beautiful post you wrote, and I love reading your blog and seeing your little princess grow up. She's a doll:)

Jennifer said...

Awww! So sweet :)

Laura said...

Beautiful post Christy. So true, as we trust God for our needs and desires, He is SO faithful! And what a beautiful reminder you have, each and every day :)

Joanne said...

How fun to remember back to when it was "your little secret"....now she's our Island Princess...gotta luv 'er!!

Chris said...

Wow...look at that red hair coming in!! She's gonna be driving by the time we see her again!