Wednesday, September 1, 2010

New.....& WAY Nicer

Last Wednesday Trevor's parents walked on the ferry for a quick visit.....we picked them up and had a great dinner at Moxie's, a stroll through the mall and a dessert stop at Dairy Queen before we brought them back again.
For our anniversary back in July, they had offered to buy us new dishes and we found these at Walmart.com. They were hand delivered on Wednesday and we weren't home 20 minutes and they were all out of the boxes. And I was in love.....
I ran them through the dishwasher quickly the next morning and what followed was a complete tidy/organize/clean/purge of my kitchen that took almost the entire first half of my day.
You can sort of see my old dishes tucked away in the top left........
:: Love ::
:: New salad plates ::
:: New dinner plates. Trev loves them even more because our old plates were concave and all the food was always sliding into the middle. Small victories, right? ::
:: New bowls. Not joking people.....I actually lost a spoon inside one the first morning I used one for breakfast. These are the deepest bowls I've ever seen! ::
:: Awesome big coffee mugs ::

After my big kitchen overhaul, standing back to admire my work, I realized I now had an overwhelming urge to repaint my kitchen the same cream as the dishes......grrrreat.

Problem being, the only paint I ever want to use anymore is the Benjamin Moore Natura paint. It's low VOC and covers perfectly in two coats. It's also really expensive. So if there are any Benjamin Moore employee's reading this, hook a sister up!

I think I'll still eventually do it, just maybe in the the new year.....but don't you worry, when I do, you'll know about it!

Thanks M&D for the fabulous new dishes.....we kinda, sorta love them.....

6 comments:

Crystal said...

they are lovely!! So pretty you could rip the cupboard doors off your cabinets and have beautiful open cupboards( I am a little obsessed with that look right now:)) great choice though!

Melissa said...

So so b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l! I love that shade of green - and I think that it would look awesome as a kitchen color!

Dustin and Chelsey said...

Hey Christy,
They're so nice! I just wanted to let you know I can get you a reasonable discount at BMoore. And an even better paint is "BMoore Aura" because it too is low VOC AND it honestly honestly covers in 1 coat. Even covers a dark colour in one coat. It is amazing! So let me know if you want me to "hook a sista up!"

Shawna said...

They are beautiful! And well deserved! I saw them sitting in the garage and had to peek at them...they are beautiful and I said the same thing about the bowl, I've never seen a better cereal bowl! They are PERFECTION!

Joanne said...

I know you will have years of enjoyment serving your family and others.....

My first thought on seeing the size of the bowls....homemade mac n cheese.....Yummmmm.

I'm afraid you might just have to get yourself up off that birthin' bed to make your MIL some when we're over there....I'll hold the wee one....no problem. Bah-ha-ha!
Can't wait to see Denay's new bro!

Michelle said...

You might want to try Sico paint. It too is low in VOC and covers in 1 to 2 coats. Rob used it when he was a painter and it half the price!