Saturday, January 26, 2008

Where To Go, When To Go?

Well just as of this week Trevor and I have decided that we are going to take an all-inclusive trip somewhere warm before are lives are so drastically and wonderfully changed. Now I'm learning that the hard part is just beginning! Where should we go? Myself and my girlfriend (her and her husband are coming with) have both voted not to go to Mexico. Just something about it..........doesn't appeal to me. So I think we've got it narrowed down to Jamaica, the Dominican Republic or Cuba. Our other dilemma being when do we go? As of April 15th or so I am no longer supposed to fly so we were thinking flying out the last Saturday in March and returning the following Saturday which would also allow to miss the price increase (and body count increase) that happens over Spring Break (the week before). BUT..........am I going to be huge at 22 weeks? Am I going to be miserable?? Since I've clearly never done this before I am now questioning whether or not to go sooner. Because if that's the case it will need to be late February to very early March and that's, ummm, a month away! So travellers and moms I need your help. I need feedback on place and timing. Pros and cons of all-inclusive, the good and the bad, where have you been and did you like it? And how does 22 weeks feel.........should we go sooner? I am seeking wisdom from the wiser! Thanks in advance :)

4 comments:

Chris said...

Hey Christy..
We are going to Cuba late Febuary. We got an awsome deal through Nolitours and going to Santa Lucia Cuba.
This will be our first trip and all inclusive trip as well so we'll see how it goes. I will email you some of the pictures and brochures of the hotel.
I went through a travel agent as I didn't know where to begin either. I basically told them what our criteria was and what we were looking for and what we were looking to spend. Cuba and Dominican are about the cheapest and ya Mexico didn't entice us either...

Chris said...

ps...we were told the week before march break is cheaper. Thanks for the blog comments...i'm having fun doing it!

Laura said...

Hey Christy - we met at your "six-pack" bridal shower, and just thought I'd give you my two cents. If you have been feeling good so far in your pregnancy, 22 weeks will feel just as good. Yes, you may have a bit of a bigger belly, but I think as far as your pregnancy, the timing doesn't matter. And I must say that I think doing this is a fantastic idea, it may be a while before you get the chance again - enjoy!

Jessi said...

Hi Christy, I've never commented before and you probably don't know me, I'm a friend of Shawna's.. and know Trevor too, anyways, I check your blog from time to time and thought that I'd give you some advice and delurk at the same time. Babymoon's are a great idea! Dominican is awesome, we went for our honeymoon to Punta Cana, however I would suggest going to Puerto Plata instead. As far as the timing in your pregnancy, 22 weeks is perfect, actually anytime in the beginning to mid 2nd trimester. You're bump will be noticable, but not huge and if you've been feeling great up to now, there shouldn't be any problems. You can fly later on with a dr.'s note of approval, but as I've learned in the past, no one really cares how far along you are on the airlines. So I hope this helps, there's great rates to all 3 places right now. Anxious to hear what you decide...
-Jessi Wandler