Monday, January 28, 2008

~~ Brand New Toy ~~
















For a little while now, Trevor and I have been on the look for a new vehicle. Our car (Trev's 1991 Honda Prelude) still runs fine but we definitely needed an upgrade to four doors and a little more safety. It took us a while to decide on what we actually wanted but we finally managed to and the hunt ensued. Trevor really really wanted an SUV. I was a little against it because it is really necessary at this point in our lives but it does offer a little more car around you and a little more height when you are hauling a baby in and out. Our search ended in Sooke, with this beautiful 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. The second I saw this truck I fell in love. Even though I swore up and down I would NEVER over my dead body drive a domestic this is a lovely vehicle. We took it for a cruise and the love deepened. This thing in brand new on the inside. Like MINT. Not a scratch, dent, rip or blemish. It was an older couple that owned it and have had it since new and still had the original dealer window sticker. It's sick to think they paid $42,000 for it and then what they got for it 8 years later but they really took care of it. It rides so smooth and I really like not being 6-inches off the ground or getting down into the car. And since I happen to know a really hot tire man we got a great deal on some brand new Nokian's and now it rides even nicer! So there you have it.........I really hope that we are done with all our large baby's-on-the-way purchases now!

1 comment:

Shawna said...

YaY for your new ride. It is super cute {sorry Trev}. Looks great, can't wait till it's filled with a wee one!