Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Years Eve & Day

After a few days of (not) recuperating from Christmas, we decided at the very last minute to host NYE at our house. Even though it was short notice we still had about 15 people show up and we had a blast! There was music, laughter, champagne, games and me frantically hollering during a game of Taboo. Amazingly as us fogies actually made it to mid-night and had a very climatic and loud countdown to 2009. Thankfully I have a very good baby and no neighbours :) * And those are EMPTY bottles in the top left corner. Just making a good picture *
We got to bed around 1:00 (after cleaning the house) and were up again at 8:00 getting ready to host NYD breakfast for 25 people. It went off without a hitch (minus my embarassing and painful slip in a bacon grease spill) thanks to everyone bringing food and as many hands as we could fit at work in the kitchen. It was SO delicious......pancakes, waffles, sausage, bacon, eggs, toast, hashbrown, juice, coffee and fruit and thankfully not too many leftovers!

Our hall, stairs and counter jammed full of evidence of friends and fellowship........and my breakfast plate.

I had a couple moments of near tears......looking around at some of the people I love most in this world enjoying my home. Those people who know me best know I keep this place really clean and there's nothing I love more than cleaning up the mess left after a gathering like this. The mess of a house visited by friends is the best. We all decided that we're going to make it a yearly tradition......I can't wait until next year with more babies and more friends!

No comments: