Wednesday, January 14, 2009

She's My Girl

So great news.......brought Denay in for her six months shots Monday and had her weighed, she gained almost a full pound in two weeks! She still dropped of on the growth chart and is in the 3rd-5th percentile in everything now but I know she's gaining weight so that's all that matters.*picture taken by Tricia R. at B&R's wedding a couple weeks ago*
I feel even more confident now about my supposed 'instinct' as a mom. I had been told by a nurse at the health unit when she was weighed a few weeks ago, to stop the cereal because it was keeping her too full and so go back to exclusive nursing. She had only gained two ounces since November 10th so I knew that nursing wasn't enough for her.
Now we're trying to find a balance of new foods, cereal and formula to meet her needs.
She continues to melt my heart everyday......

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Gorgeous photo of our wee girlie!! You are doing such a great job attending to the needs of the princess...keep up listening to your Mother's heart...love you lots!

Crystal said...

Yeh a pound!! That's got warm your heart:)

Jason and Kristin said...

oh I'm glad she has started to gain the weight!! But you are right...just follow YOUR instincts!!! You know her best!

Laura said...

I'm so glad that you feel confirmed as a Mommy - and you should be!! You are wonderful to Denay, and have all the instincts God gave you to raise her. Keep trusting yourself! I'm happy she's gaining weight and doing well :)

Anita Grace said...

Aw, she's so dainty... a true little lady :) My boys are big and bulky... true little men :)

That is awesome that she is starting to gain more weight though. I know that I always love the feeling when I go in for check-ups (which I haven't done in months!) and see the scale poppin' out the big numbers. Keep it up!