I know that everyone says this when they have children, but wow, does time ever fly!
I can hard believe that it was six long/short months ago that our world was changed forever. On July 10th 2008, at 9:30pm after about six hours of labor at home, Denay Catherine quietly entered this world all pink and with a full head of hair.
Things have been non-stop ever since and that little girl is the light of my world.
:: A couple collages of the amazing event. Please excuse the bathing suit, I had spent some of my labour in my bathtub and I never ended up getting changed :) ::
The smiley lady in the lower left corner (above) is one of my midwives, Selena, who was completely amazing.
As of right now, Denay........
- is almost sitting up unassisted
- is sleeping from about 8pm-8am
- is almost crawling (yikes)
- rolls easily from her tummy to her back and visa versa (thank goodness)
- is sucking her thumb when she is upset and will not take a soother
- is eating cereal morning and evening, bottle of formula at lunch and nursing late in the afternoon. She seems to be less and less interested in breastmilk
- is very small! We've just recently up'd her cereal and started the formula hoping to put some weight on her. She's still wearing newborn sleepers
- is teething but has yet to pop a tooth
- is starting to "play" more and having extended periods of being content (PTL!)
- loves to "talk" (just like her mommy) and occasionally scream/yell, especially when daddy gets home from work
- has the most beautiful smile in the world!
We(I) are taking her in for six-month shots Monday and will update you on her size and weight.