Monday, July 20, 2009

At A Loss For Words

I spent a little while trying to come up with a witty and punchy title for this post but changed my mind, I think the photo speaks for itself.
Trev's parents did us a huge favour and came out the island last weekend to watch Denay for us during the wedding. The spent the night and my MIL just figured she'd use my blow dryer after her shower in the morning. Little did she know that this country bunkin doesn't own one.
So I drag my butt out of bed on Sunday morning to witness this spectacle in my upstairs bathroom.....

I think she referred to it as the "industrial sized" dryer. Thankfully our over the fence neighbour lent her her's because I think it might have taken a while for her to finish her hair :) I'm positive she won't mind me posting this picture......

ADDED NOTE: I've had a couple comments already wondering how I don't own a blowdryer. No, my hair is far from naturally straight and if it is in pictures it's because I flat iron it. I have very wavy thick hair but have always let in dry on it's own and then flattened it if need be. But since getting my haircut, I've been able to wash and wear and not feel like it's going in every direction.

5 comments:

Anita Grace said...

haha, that is awesome!

Meg Baxter said...

Anita said what I was going to say! lol. (PS - How can you not own a blowdryer? Is your hair naturally that straight?)

Laura said...

Too funny!!
But seriously... you don't own a blow dryer?!? How do you do it? I wish I had hair that looked good (like yours) without blow drying it. What a time-saver that would be! Lucky girl :)

Joanne said...

Desperate times call for desperate measures!! It was actually working fairly well....but I did appreciate the "portable" hair dryer.

susan said...

Very creative Auntie Jo & brilliant Christy that you took a photo!! :-)