Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Three Years Later

About four years ago I had just returned from the first year of a two year college program in Edmonton, was still a little heartbroken from a ending to a long and complicated relationship and was seeking counselling for some deep rooted issues that had wreaked havoc on my life. One night I was checking my email when a sidebar appeared advertising a week membership to Date.ca for just $1......now, let me add that this is not something I would normally do, especially given everything I was working through but I remember thinking, "What could it hurt?". So I signed up, met a few people from all different parts of the world and then one night came upon the profile of a guy just across the water. And as the cliche goes, the rest is, well, my life right now! We chatted for a few hours a day and met for the first time a month and a half later and within two months from out first meeting, we were talking marriage. Now again, not my usual modus operandi and I raised more than a few eyebrows, but as is obvious, he was just the one.
Our wedding day was the hottest day of the year and topped out at around 34 degrees, our limo's air conditioning was broken and it was the best day of my life! It's hard to believe that July 22, 2006 was already three years ago.....enjoy at little sampling of some pictures of our big day.

We're just going out for a nice dinner and maybe a movie.......I am daily grateful for the man that God brought to me.

Happy Anniversary Hubby.....I Love You!

6 comments:

susan said...

What a wonderful love story - Happy Anniversary Christy & Trevor!!

E. said...

Happy Anniversary Christy! I can't believe it's been three years already! And you're right; it WAS crazy hot on your wedding day. I have no idea how you managed it in your gown.

I hope you and Trevor had a lovely day together, today. Congratulations.

Kim Lavender-Kitchen said...

Aw that's so cool Christy. I always wondered how you met Trevor, what a great story. It's amazing how things work out and it makes you think, hmmm, if I had not done that, or gone there would I have ever met this person?

Laura said...

So sweet! And boy, did you ever look gorgeous on your wedding day! Beautiful gown :)
I met Josh online too!! I'm surprised at how similar our stories are actually... I too was recently out of a relationship and totally "not ready" for another one... then I started emailing with this great guy, then we talked a bunch of times, then finally met about 1 1/2 months later, on Sept.2... but Christmas we knew we'd be married one day! And whalla! Here we are, so in love and happily married :)
You just never know how God is going to orchestrate your life :)

Happy Anniversary to you and Trevor!

Amanda said...

Sorry I am a day late! But HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Trevor and Christy! ! Love you guys! Wish we could see you more often!

Joanne said...

Hope you had a terrific anniversary day....love you both!!! Oh, and of course, I am a loyal subject of the pretty Princess of the Kingdom.