Saturday, September 17, 2011

{Farewell To Summer}

"better late than never"
not usually a motto I strive to live by, but when it came to our September (which is normally way to chilly) trip to the lake last Sunday for the last super warm day of the year, it was just the phrase to sum the day up.
We, ahem, skippedchurchtogotubingandwakeboarding *cough*.
{paisley girl}
Photobucket
{yours truly up on the wakeboard for the first time in a few years and loooooving it}
PhotobucketPhotobucket
{hubby got up first try!}
Photobucket
{and got a little airtime to boot}
Photobucket
{we picked up our friends a few hours later and enjoyed some awesome time with them. Trev and Chene tubing}
Photobucket
{denay wasn't a huge fan, but we went nice and slow and her "I don't want to!" tears soon disappeared}
Photobucket
{then kelly and I asked my dad for a nice relaxing tube ride. this is what happened}
Photobucket
{yep, my tube isn't even touching the water}
Photobucket
Photobucket
{going for a dip on a hot day.....there's nothing like it!}
Photobucket
{please excuse the terrible hair}
Photobucket
{then I decided I'd board again (even though I took a nasty face plant the first time) and this.....
Photobucket
....is how that round ended. Needless to say, I was bruised and sore for the next few days but it was all completely worth it. The day couldn't have been more perfect!
Sunshine, mountains, a cool clean lake, good friends and lots of laughing; pretty much sums up all you could want.

No comments: