Monday, June 25, 2007

In The Waters Of Baptism........

We were are church a little early Sunday morning because my church dance team was has a bake sale to raise a little bit of money for new outfits and the like. Here is the whole team minus our leader Lizzy (who is vacationing in the Dominican Republic) and Becca (who is a week and half from her due date and was having contractions). You can't see it because the picture is too small but I was in such a hurry to write the signs above our heads that instead of "Holy Spirit", I forgot the second "i" and wrote "Holy Spirt" instead :)Our very good friend Chelsey was also baptised on Sunday. I don't know about you but there aren't many things that happen in an average church service that touch me more than a baptism. I hadn't ever met either of the other two people that were dipped on Sunday as well, but their stories brought tears to my eyes. And it's even more special when it's someone you know and care about. What made this baptism even more special is that Chelsey's husband Dustin stood on the other side of her and helped Pastor Mark baptise his wife.......so very special.
A new woman.........
We love you lots Chels and congradulations! We look forward to many more years of friendship and memories with you and your family. God Bless!

No comments: