Tuesday, July 8, 2008

:: The "Flying Dutchman" Is Christened ::

I willed and willed but to no avail and the weather on Sunday was not conducive to a day spent on the lake, in the water. But just recently, my dad finished rigging up his new (to the family) boat for salt water boating and fishing so we went out with him to take it out for the first time in the ocean.
:: Trev helping my dad get everything ready for the launch ::
:: Down the long boat ramp in Crofton ::
:: Next thing we know......thunk. The tide was so low that the boat trailer fell off of the cement edge. But (kind of) thanks to some (rather rude) fellow boaters, the boat was eventually freed from the trailer ::
:: Away we go. The clouds actually burned off and it was quite sunny and warm......so I obviously took advantage and spent some time on the bow sunning myself ::
:: And while I was doing that, Ryan's poor girlfriend Rachal somehow got roped into steering the kicker. She had some issues figuring out that left was right and right was left :) ::
:: Dad and Ryan setting up the down-riggers and fishing rods ::
:: Beautiful Saltspring Island ::
As always our boating experience wasn't without hiccup, but we had great fun and I know my dad can't wait to get deep sea fishing!

No comments: