Friday, July 11, 2008

:: She's Here and She's Perfect ::

Trevor and I are pleased, thrilled and so proud to announce the arrival of our beautiful daughter
Denay Catherine McClelland - July 10th, 2008 weighing 7 pounds 2 ounces at 9:30pm at home.I've got to give all the thanks to my wonderful supportive husband, my awesome mom and fabulous amazing midwives Selena and Kate for helping keep my wish of having our baby at home alive in the worst of it. Baby is doing amazing, very alert and active, feeding well (and often!)........as for me, haven't slept a whole lot but the adrenaline and joy are keeping me going, along with some really yummy homecooked meals from Trevor's mum.
Never before have I ever seen a more perfect and beautiful human being in my life.......God is so good and I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to bring her into this world.
Will try and keep posting.......and would appreciate your prayers.

8 comments:

Laura said...

Big huge congratulations to you both! Having a daughter is an amazing thing. Praising God with you on the safe arrival of a perfect little girl!
Laura Toews (used to be Handy)

Amanda said...

Congratulations you guys! I am soooo excited for you and can't wait to meet Denay Catherine! She is beautiful and perfect! Blessings to you!

Nancy said...

Christy and Trevor what an absolute honor to be a part of this most blessed event. I am sooo very very proud of you Christy, you set out to do a home birth and you achieved that with honors. I am sooo pleased to meet lil Miss Denay, you are sooo beautiful, and I love you to pieces already...I am proud to be your Oma.....

Jason and Kristin said...

Congratulations guys! She's beautiful! All the best as you begin this journey!
Jason, Kristin & Landon Pue

Lisa B. said...

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your little doll. From the details Shawna passed along it sounds like you were amazing!

Enjoy every moment!

Lisa Baker

Joanne said...

So excited for you both.....wee Denay Catherine is absolutely perfect! What a dollie! You did an amazing job, Christy...thanks for the best granddaughter ever! May God's grace continue to abound in your wee family. Love you bunches!! Mum aka Grammie

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness she is so adorable!! Congrats you guys and good luck adjusting with your new little bundle ;)

Jessi said...

Congratulations Trevor, Christy and baby Denay! So happy for you all, now you can finish the lettering in HER nursery! Thank Heaven for Little Girls, they bring so much joy! God Bless and we pray that the next few weeks are a easy transition for you all! Love, Jessi