Thursday, March 25, 2010

{The Most Perfect Sound In The World}

Yesterday was a very, very special and happy day around here. We had our second midwife visit and we got to hear our baby's little heart beating for the first time. I honestly didn't expect to be as overwhelmed with joy as I was and even looking at the pictures makes my eyes a little watery.
Denay was so sweet and got very still when she heard the noise. Kate, our midwife, said it was time to say bye to baby and she walked over and waved at the heart rate monitor.

:: What a beautiful number ::

:: Mommy teary and excited telling Denay that the sound was baby's heart ::

And I will add that my husband did a fabulous job setting the camera by himself to get these great shots for me!
Things pregnancy-wise are still going really well. I'm feeling good and loving having another life making home inside me. Today I am 13 weeks and baby is about three inches long......I am daily overwhelmed by the beauty and miracle of life and humbled with gratitude that I was chosen to carry and care for this baby.
What a journey!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Christy! That is so exciting! Love the photo of your midwife finding the heart beat and you interacting with Denay... so precious :)

Jason and Kristin said...

So fun! It is such an amazing sound! Congrats again...glad you are feeling great.

Joanne said...

Oh, what a joy! I didn't even think about Denay being able to be there, too! Can't wait to see this wee one in person!

Cristina said...

Awe - thanks for sharing Christy! So sweet. :)

Meg said...

Wow, girl! This is the good stuff! I am really excited for you and your family as you grow! Love you!

The Samy's said...

What a precious thing to have Denay involved!
Blessings!

Anita Grace said...

What a special moment to have captured on 'film' ~ the miracle of life becomes so real when you are experiencing it first hand, you guys are so blessed!