Tuesday, December 23, 2008

:: Answered Prayers ::

I mentioned a few posts ago that Trev and I were going through a bit of a rough patch and I'd asked you for your prayers. I wanted to update you all on what's going on because God is faithful and answered our prayers. Not in the sense that the problems went away, but he's provided for us within those issues.
Our dear boy, Elmo, started acting funny a couple weeks ago and after two days of, um, let's say unpleasantness, we took him to the vet. He said he's having a normal problem but it will take a couple days overnight to deal with it and quoted me a high but manageable number. Long story short, and almost one week at the vet, that number had doubled and Elmo still wasn't better. We began tearfully considering putting him down as the cost was too much. Then the vet phoned last Monday and told me they were capping our bill and were willing to put in the man-effort to get Elmo better. So even though the cost was already sky-high, it could have been more and they certainly were not obligated to stop charging us. After a full week our kitty came home and I can now say he is 100% again.
As for our vehicle, we did our bit with ICBC and had the truck looked at and it turns out there is nothing mechanically wrong, which means we can drive it until the body shop can fit us in. It's going to cost us in insurance over three years but not anything like what we thought and way less than paying out of pocket for the repairs.I guess it would be really easy to chalk these little things up to nothing but I am absolutely choosing to see it as God letting us know that even though things feel bad, He's still got His eye on us. Through generosity or strangers and not-so-strangers (you know who you are) we've been blessed and supplied for and are going to have to spend the next while paying down our credit card, we know we will be okay. He's used this to teach us invaluable lessons and as His word calls us to, I will give thanks in all things.

I will declare that my God is good, and that my God is faithful and that he uses all things for the good of those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose.

Thank you friends, for your prayers. There are some of you who read this that I've never even met, some that I've met once or twice but I know that we are all family in Jesus Christ and it means so much that I can reach out across these lines and ask for prayer. May God bless you all as you have blessed me!

2 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

I'm glad everything worked out! Thanks for the reminder that God is always watching out for us and waiting to teach us things!

Anita Grace said...

Thanks for the update! I just love hearing stories of good report.. it's encouraging. It's so easy to focus on the negative, but I try and pull out the good in each circumstance too :) Blessings to you!