Monday, December 15, 2008

Candles & Evergreens

On Saturday night, my bestie Kerry and I, got a chance to see George Canyon in concert. To say the least he was fantastic. I don't think I've ever enjoyed myself that much at a concert. There are just some things that you miss out on in a huge arena with thousands of fans.
:: Pre-show, freezing in the newly falling snow ::

:: The stage ::

:: George Canyon ::
:: He also asked all the kids in the crowd to come up and help him sing a Christmas carol and even took the time to sing happy birthday to a girl in the audience ::
We laughed, I cried.....George and his band are big troop supporters and had made a trip to Afghanistan in July to play for them. He dedicated his song "I want you to live" to all the families who have lost their loved ones to the mission. It was so touching.

Unfortunately, our night didn't end as well as it began.......

No comments: